Sights of Cork & Blarney
When?Start time: Saturday 14:00 (07 October)
End time: Monday 12:00 (09 October)
About Your Trip:
This DreamTrip to Cork, Ireland, invites you to explore the Emerald Isle’s history and unforgettable scenery. Begin with a welcome reception at the hotel before the next day’s adventures. Take a short drive to Blarney Castle and enjoy the picturesque scenery of Ireland’s rolling hills and 40 shades of green along the way. After a tour of the 15th-century castle and legendary Blarney Stone, venture to the castle grounds to view different flora at the Fern Garden, Irish Garden, Poison Garden and more. Grab some souvenirs at Blarney Woollen Mills and return to Cork for an afternoon at your leisure.
What we love:
• Cork’s nickname is “The Rebel County” due to its role in the Irish War of Independence and Irish Civil War.
• Kiss the Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle to get the “gift of gab” and improve your eloquence, according to local legends.
• Cork’s famous churches are St. Mary’s Cathedral and St. Fin Barre’s Cathedral, which have stood proudly since the 1800s.
This trip will close by January 13.
• 3 days and 2 nights in Cork, Ireland.
• Half-day Blarney Castle & Gardens tour; includes transportation.
• Welcome drink upon arrival (1 per person).
• 2 breakfasts.
Aptly named, The River Lee hotel is on the south channel of the River Lee in Cork’s city center. Cork English Market, St. Peter and Paul’s Church, and St. Fin Barre’s Cathedral are only 10-minute walks from this contemporary hotel.
• Grand floor-to-ceiling windows offer views of the city and river.
• 4 dining options and 1 bar.
• Swimming pool and gym.
• Complimentary parking.
Superior Double or Twin Room accommodations with 1 king or 2 twin beds.
• Maximum occupancy 2 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child (under age 12).
• Heated bathroom floor.
• Flat-screen TV.
• Seating area.
• Tea- and coffee-making facilities.
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Check-in: 2 p.m.
The River Lee
Events around The River Lee
Clonakilty Church of the Immaculate Conception Co.Cork
Friday 20:00 (20 October)
Church of the Immaculate Conception, Cork
Eighth Ireland Sacred Harp Convention
Thursday 19:00 (01 March)
St. Maries of the Isle, Cork
Fuckin Fat Friday - tekno time
Friday 21:00 (01 September)
An Spailpin Fanach, Cork
Mundy Jelly Legs 21 at Triskel Arts Centre,Cork City.
Saturday 20:00 (21 October)
Triskel Arts Centre, Cork
Radio Hermitage _ Ksenia Parkatskaya and the Dave Duffy Quartet
Friday 20:00 (08 September)
Firkin Crane, Cork
Tribal Republic: A Showcase of Bellydance & Alternative Arts
Saturday 20:30 (04 November)
Firkin Crane, Cork